Quinoa Salad

This salad is so nutritious and low GI

Tuesday 23 August 2011

Yummy meat patties

I love making meals with mince it is very cheap and you can combine it with leftover herbs you have.
If you don't have fresh herbs just use dried herbs you will probably only need 2 tablespoons.
I only spent $6.00 at coles and bought meat, onion and 1 lemon.  The rest of the ingredients I used from the fridge and pantry.

500g pork & veal mince
1 eschallot, finely chopped
1 egg
1 lemon, rind finely grated (juice half the lemon) (use the other half of lemon to serve)
1 cup breadcrumbs (I used stale italian bread - 2 slices and processed)
1/2 cup mixed herbs (I used flat-leaf parsley and mint), finely chopped
salt and pepper

Place the mince in a mixing bowl with the remaining ingredients.
Mix with your hands to combine well.
Roll mixture into 12 even patties.
Place on a plate lined with baking paper and place in the fridge until ready to cook.
Cook these patties on a barbecue or frypan with a little oil.
Serve with cous cous and remaining lemon.  I am also going serve these with barbecued mult-grain tortillas. (Just spray tortillas with oil and barbecue until toasted and crisp).
You can also serve with hummus and salad.




























2 comments:

  1. Yummo! You are tempting me to start cooking at home x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Jen, It's looking good. What am I going to cook for a Sunday family dinner?

    ReplyDelete